Thank you Ingrid, at https://experimentsinfiction.com/ for my nomination. If you have not visited Ingrid’s blog yet, I suggest you check it out. Always makes me happy to read her fiction and helps me feel a bit less stressed when I become overloaded with my Creative Writing and English program. Ingrid, quite the educated lady speaking 4 modern languages and 2 ancient and has had a wonderful travel experience she writes about in her blog. Thank you, Ingrid.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice. I did not as they already have the same 11 questions as I did.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
My Answers for Ingrid are as follows:
- Have you or do you ever want to write a book?
I have desired to write since I was thirteen or so. I have written 2 books of poetry entitled, Vehemence: In Silence We Weep, and I AM: The Tiny Mustard Seed, both available on https://www.amazon.com .
- How long have you been blogging and what is your favorite subject to write about?
I write about social matters and esoteric values inherited through a nature vs. nurture modality of our soul imprints as we travel a world of trauma and darkness. I know there remains a silver lining to every dark cloud.
- If you could move to a different town, state or country… where would you be?
I have always desired to travel. I love the USA, and enjoy my now home state of Idaho, but in terms of a foreign country I would say Switzerland or Austria. I love the weather appeal and the snow-capped mountains during the summers.
- What is your favorite quality about yourself?
I care deeply for the people I love.
- Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert or even both?
I am an introvert as I spend my time indoors aside from a short walk early in the morning.
- What is THE JOB of your dreams?
Writing of course but I also am a good photographer and kind of an arm-chair philosopher/theology wannabe.
- Other than blogging/writing what is the one favorite thing you LOVE to do?
I love to travel and photograph and journal my journeys.
- Where is one of the first places you plan on going after quarantine is over?
Idaho, USA, is a beautiful state and people are friendly. I like Idaho for the beautiful scenery and wildlife as well.
- Speaking of Covid-19 is there anything that you learned about yourself or will be changing about yourself when ‘life moves on?’
I have learned to love my neighbor and forgive my enemies. This works interior miracles in our lives that we may witness an immediate moment.
- Is there anything as far as food that you will absolutely NOT eat?
I do not think I could ever eat Sushi.
- Do you own a website for your writing?
Yes, this very URL leads to my website: https://www.johngevanspoet.com.
Now for some ‘Facts about Myself:’
- I studied boat & yacht design for 2 solid years.
- I went sailing on a 90 schooner off the coast of Maine, USA.
- I am studying Creative Writing and English working toward a BA.
- I am a locutionary.
- I have always loved traditionally designed wooden yachts and hope to sail my own one day off into the sunset of dreams.
- I had a crush on Sandra Bullock. She does not know so please don’t tell her. I appreciate her privacy. She is a phenomenal actor.
- I am Welsh and English but born in the USA.
- I served in the USMC.
- I have been to Germany as a child and loved traveling along the Rhine River Valley. We stopped at a castle upon a high hill, and my mother knocked on the door (without permission), of the Baron’s residence. We were granted permission to view the interior dining area of the ancient portion of the castle. I love this experience.
- I desire to learn ancient Greek and potentially travel to Greece. The Aegean is a beautiful sea.
- I once visited a Greek Orthodox monastery in Texas as it was in the beginning stages of building the Chapel. I was invited by the Abbott to spend the day with the brother monks and priests. I even met the Bishop. What a wonderful experience.
My nominees are:
- Judith C Evans
- Max Thomas
- Thank you all for your wonderful blogs. I enjoy each one of the sites I visit and those who visit me. Everyone is worthy regarding your writer’s journeys and I appreciate your interests in all our creative endeavors. Every blog I read is a worthy writer and I thank Ingrid who has thus, nominated me. Peace abounds to each, and every one of you. Thank you for your participation.